The upgraded MiG-29 aircraft is intended for combat operations against air and ground (surface) targets of the enemy, using "air-to-air" and "air-to-surface" air weapons.
MiG-29 aircraft modification areas:
- Expansion of the range of air weapons used;
- Improvement of accuracy characteristics and enhancement of functional capabilities of the navigation complex;
- Cockpit control and navigation instrumentation upgrade;
- Implementation of new operating modes of the radar sighting system;
- Installation of an airborne data acquisition and transmission system;
- Installation of DME, VOR/ILS, aircraft transponder;
- Use of the aircraft power plant and systems monitoring complex;
- Installation of a flight data audio- and video recording system;
- Installation of "Satellite-M2" electronic countermeasure equipment;
- Flying range extension (refueling boom installation).