The upgraded Su-25 ground attack aircraft is designed to support directly the ground forces over the battlefield, to attack small and mobile ground (surface) targets in the line of sight, and to destroy targets with specified coordinates around the clock in any weather conditions.
Su-25 aircraft modification areas:
- Expansion of the range of air weapons used;
- Improvement of accuracy characteristics and enhancement of functional capabilities of the navigation complex;
- Cockpit control and navigation instrumentation upgrade;
- Aircraft sighting system upgrade;
- Weapon control system upgrade;
- Introduction of the "Navigation bombing" mode;
- Installation of new flight data monitoring, recording and processing systems;
- Installation of "Satellite-M2" electronic countermeasure equipment.